He was a most charming devil at the start; quite sexy and a very good kisser.
|Very kissable lips, I must say.|
But it was all a charade. I would have liked to have kept him around for a bit of fun, but, if I had to to do over again, I would:
1. Fire that little baggage that passed as a maid. Who needs her around making goo-goo eyes at my man?
|Pack your bags, sister.|
2. Go to that darn reception without him. After all, I looked so nice.
|I was armed to charm.|
3. Pay more attention to that nice Scotland Yard man (who seems to like me, too)
|I should have held out for him, but who knew?|
4. Learn more about how the lighting system in my house works.
|Note to self: find out more about this new-fangled electricity.|
5. Say "how the hell should I know where the little picture and the damn brooch are?" when accused by this increasingly psycho-husband.
|Hey! Hands off, deadbeat. When's the last time |
you brought in a paycheck????
6. Tie him up and tell him that I just can't stand his friggin' accent anymore. My name is PAULA, not POWLA.
|Shut your escargot-hole, Mister.|
7. Thank him for finding the jewels. Now Scotland Yard man and I can run away to a non-foggy location.
8. Tell the neighbor that her worst suspicions are true - I am a slut (just to get her nosy-nose all out of joint).
|And, yes, I say that with glory in my heart!|
One last regret: I should have had more portraits with handsome husband taken. We were pretty cute together, weren't we?
|If only he hadn't been so nuts.....|