Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dreaming of...Scarlett O'Hara's Closet!

Okay, I know all the character blemishes of Scarlett O'Hara, but still I admire the feisty little spitfire. Sure she can be a bit of a selfish bitch, but she certainly knew how to keep going in the face of adversity (and usually look damn good while doing so). Most of all, I really admire her closet. This gal (courtesy of Walter Plunkett) really knows how to dress!

A few of my favorites from Scarlett's walk-in:
White and virginal - I could pull it off (maybe....)

I'd have to be careful of the BBQ sauce
So fetching - how could anyone resist me?


I would be very comfy in this dressing gown - 
good for being carried up the stairs, too

This hat is from the back of the closet and 
didn't make it into the film - but I think it's sweet
There can't be too many stripes


A sexy antebellum look

This might be a bit too hot
I love this dress - so feminine!


Notice how nicely the ribbons match?
It's important to pay attention to accessories!

My absolute favorite - seen briefly in 
the New Orleans honeymoon scene


Ah do declare, I am one glamorous Southern Belle! (please hit the snooze button for a few moments more.....)

3 comments:

  1. Yes she was - but I imagine all of those velvets made her even "hotter" down in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to get another look at one of Scarlett's dresses, albeit in black and white, check out Anna Lee in "Bedlam," one of Val Lewton's classics.

    ReplyDelete